Printing is disabled by default. To Enable printing, please follow the following steps:
- Connect your Brother Label Printer to your Local Area Network (LAN)
- Connect a supported printer ( see here for list of supported printers ) to your local Ethernet or Wi-Fi network Note this step is very important as it is the one that makes the printer available to the Menelic Visitor Mobile App. – if your printer support wired Ethernet connection, simply plug in the Ethernet cable into the printer. – If you are connecting via Wi-Fi, make sure your printer is set up in Infrastructure mode see here .It is advised to use your printer user manual or the Brother support website for how to connect your printer to a wired network or to a Wi-Fi network in Infrastructure mode.Note that a wired network is likely to be more reliable than a wireless network.
- Double check that the printer is connected and is available in the Local Area Network (LAN) before proceeding.
- Note that if you have only one QL label printer in your network, knowing it’s IP address is not mandatory as the label printer will be automatically discovered
- Few links below:
- Pair the printer to your tablet on the Menelic Admin Dashboard
- Logon to the admin console
- In the section “Printers” below,
make sure you have selected the proper printer model to match the physical printer you have as well as the label that is installed in the printer.
Please use a static IP address to avoid any future issue with printer such as
“My printer suddenly stopped working!”
as the IP address of your printer changes over time and this will cause your SmartLobby to stop printing.
To avoid this frustration, please talk to your network admin and get a static IP address for your printer.
Then, save the configuration
- Go to the Device Configuration screen as shown below and make sure that you tick the box “Enable Printing”, then press “Save”
- Turn on your tablet and print
- Now, go through a check-in process on the tablet. At the last stage of the check-in where the badge preview is displayed, you can see at the “Print Badge” button is displayed
- When the “Print Badge” button is pressed, the system will lookup the network printer specified earlier and print the badge